Richmond Canada Day is located in heart of Steveston Village making getting to the festival really easy. We encourage you to choose a sustainable method of transport to get to Steveston Village. Here are a few suggestions:
If you stroll to the festival on foot, you won’t have to deal with parking and you’ll burn a few extra calories that you won’t feel guilty for eating that bag of mini-donuts.
The ride into Steveston includes many great bike routes. Take the path along the waterfront or ride down the Railway corridor. Bring your bike and store it in one of our two locations. No bike lock needed as this will be a secured compound and operated just like a coat check. You can also leave your strollers here too. Don’t forget your helmet.
- 09:30 – 23:00 — Gulf of Georgia – Wheel Watch
- 08:00 – 18:00 — Steveston Community Center – B.E.S.T. Bike Valet
SHUTTLE BUS INFORMATION:
Option #1: Richmond City Hall to Britannia Shipyard
- 8:30am – First bus leaves City Hall
- Runs approximately every 20 minutes
- 5:00pm – increased frequency starts
- 11:00pm- Last bus leaves Britannia Shipyards
- PARKING AVAILABLE: at Richmond City Hall (no hour limited enforced) and Richmond Centre South Parkade, levels 2, 3 & 4
Option #2: Lord Byng Elementary to Gulf of Georgia Cannery courtesy of the Richmond Auto Mall
- 1:30pm – First shuttle departs Lord Byng
- 5:30pm – Last shuttle service leaves Gulf of Georgia Cannery
Option #3: Translink Bus from Richmond-Brighouse Station to Lord Byng Elementary School
- Shuttle leaves from the South-bound side of No. 3 Road by the Saba Stop
- 11:30am – First shuttle departs Richmond-Brignhouse
- 11:00pm – Last shuttle leaves Lord Byng
NOTE: Shuttle frequency may vary depending on traffic congestion.
TAKE PUBLIC TRANSIT:
Translink will be running a modified bus schedule for July 1st. Please visit their website for more details.
DRIVE YOUR CAR:
If you are planning on driving please try to carpool as parking at the festival will be extremely limited.
The RCMP will begin road closures at 08:00 to secure the parade route. Moncton Street will fully re-open at 17:00. Sections of Bayview, No. 1 Road, and First Avenue will remain closed until 23:00. Please view the road closure map for more details.